Monday, May 30, 2011

Two Years Ago Yesterday...

...I walked down the aisle. I was 4 months pregnant with Kate, scared, and exhausted. It was a beautiful day filled with love and fun, but there's no doubt - our second anniversary was a day to remember!

I woke up to the feel of my daughter doing sit-downs on my stomach, complete with giant 'oofs' upon landing. Oh, and snot, everywhere. There's nothing better than starting the day off by laughing hysterically before getting up! We went to church, and our daughter rewarded us by sitting STILL, and QUIET, for most of the service. We even got compliments on our well-behaved child, which I accepted with an inward achnowledgement that it was probably just because she's not feeling well. Or perhaps she's starting to figure out that my lap is a comfy place to be. Seriously, though, I am thankful to have a well-adjusted daughter, who's usually pretty cheerful and appears to be learning how to listen!

We left Kate with my parents and went into Vancouver for some much-needed alone time. Of course, alone-time leads to food (yes, it does), and boy did we ever have some good eats at Pied de Terre! Cote de boeuf for two, frites to die for, roquefort/mustard sauce, anchovy/butter sauce (if you know me, you know that I always double on the sauces; one could never be enough), foie gras parfait with rhubarb coulis and toasted brioche, and a delicious apple tarte with homemade ice cream for dessert!

The best part of the evening was sitting across the table from Patrick, talking some about the past and alot about the future, and smiling till my face hurts. Really, I'm so happy it's almost embarrassing! Thank God, thank God, that in spite of the mess my life was, I ended up with a keeper. And truly, I kinda think Patrick may have ended up with a keeper as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment