Wednesday, May 25, 2011

All Things Beautiful



My name is Sharon. I was called Sheo since childhood by the people closest to me. This winter, after years of battling depression, addiction and not wanting to live I chose to go through a treatment program and learn how to live again. Along with a new start, I chose a new name - Shaza. Welcome to my journey - I know now that it is beautiful, if I choose it to be, and I choose! I am moving beyond fear. It's ironic that in surrender I have found freedom. I don't know what the contents of this blog will be, but I might tell you about a small joy, a new feeling, a bad day, or an accomplishment from my kitchen (there are quite a few of those)! I might tell you that I haven't a clue about being a mom, or I might tell you about the lovely woman I saw dancing for the first time yesterday. Her brown eyes went from being filled with tears in one moment to smiling and sparkling in the next. Beautiful. These are some of the contents of my life, and because I love them I want to share them with you. My best friend cried yesterday when I told her that I'd put my suitcase away for the first time in 8 years - she knew what I was talking about - I didn't have to explain further. She is amazing. My husband cried last night when I celebrated four months of sobriety and thanked him in front of 200 people for staying beside me. I cried too. Tonight I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment